Friday, May 29, 2009

Things I Learned Yesterday

From Jenna:

We were working on our end-of-grade tests and one of the possible answers to a question was fox. Jenna looked up at me, very matter-of-factly, and said,

"Mom, did you know that the fox is the only member of the dog family that can climb trees?"

Uh, no. To start with, I didn't even know that the fox was a member of the dog family!

Apparently she learned this little tidbit 18 months ago when we visited the Nature Center in Asheville and she's been storing it all this time to bring it up and astound me...



And from the orthodontist, when I was grossed out by the amount of saliva that came out of my mouth every time he put the new retainer in and then took it back out.

"Yeah, any time something foreign goes into your mouth your body thinks it's food and starts making extra saliva.

That's why people who get dentures slobber like crazy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment