Monday, May 11, 2009

Table Tricks

Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun at dinner
But you have to know how.

I can hold up four forks
On my fingers and thumb.
I can hold up five forks!
I know you will want some!

And a plate on my head!
I hold forks and a plate!
With the help of my dad,
Even though I'm but eight!

But that is not all.
Oh, no.
That is not all...

With a fork on each finger
And a plate on my head
And a father to help
While he's not eating bread,

I can hold a cup too!
I can hold a cup high!
I can hold a cup pointing
Way up to the sky!

And that is what Jenna said
As the cup fell right down,
Knocking the forks
All on to the ground.

And Josh and I,
We saw ALL the things fall
And crash all around
All the way to the wall!

And Josh and I
Did not know what to do.
Should we tell someone about it?
What would you do?

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Our dinners are so much less hilarious, we just play lots of rounds of Settlers of Catan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas says, "That reminds me of 'the Cat in the Hat."

    It reminds me of "Ten Apples up on Top" which is the first book Thomas ever read. :D What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that is so something I would have done at that age. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, Thomas wins the prize for being right. I totally was trying to knock off The Cat & The Hat. I'll have to check out 10 apples up on Top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete