Friday, May 15, 2009

The Night We've Waited For

This is the night that Jared has been waiting for for almost a year. Throughout Mormondom, tonight is the annual Father & Son's Camp Out. The night when the dads and boys pack up and go camping for the night.


The reason, of course, that the boys look forward to this night for the whole year is that when the dads are in charge, almost anything goes. Starting with lots of treats and criminally late bedtimes.

Oops--I somehow left this picture out last night. How could I have forgotten it? Jared was in tears on Thursday because Russ told him it was probably going to Rain Friday night. It was cloudy Friday morning, but eventually the sun broke through. Jared was going to be prepared for all eventualities, though...

This is one awesome kid!

What the boys don't know is that while the cat's are away, the mice are playing at home.

A Netflix movie on the big screen, followed by the worlds biggest chocolate chip cookies and multiple glasses of milk!

(I don't know how Rachel ate her whole cookie--I didn't even manage half of mine!)


PS--Poor Jason is in no man's land tonight. Not ready to spend the night camping yet, but not really interested in a chick flick either. So he's holed up upstairs watching a guy movie...

4 comments:

  1. :'-(

    Wish I was there!!!

    What did you watch? I still remember the first ever fathers' and sons in our family... we stayed home and watched the Parent Trap. ;) I felt soooo grownup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those giant cookies look delicious!! I too am curious to know what the chick flick was. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The giant cookies were incredible. I am usually a fan of the cookie dough far more than the cookies, but I'd have to say that these were even better baked. (I can't believe I just said that!) And they were still yummy several hour later! They're from CL's cousin-in-law's cooking blog--here's the link. Be prepared, though--a recipe only makes about 15 cookies! http://somegoodeats.blogspot.com/2009/05/thick-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

    Oh--our movie was Whale Watcher. Not the chickiest flick ever, but the girls enjoyed it and I enjoyed the Maori traditions and of course the whales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel is a smart girl to eat that whole cookie! By the looks of them I could've eaten all 3! Mmmm, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete