Saturday, April 25, 2009

I Feel Gypped

I mentioned in January (in this post) that I've been going to a physical therapist at Duke in order to get myself some new post-triplet stomach muscles.

Thursday I was sitting on the table going over some of my exercises with my physical therapist. She walked away to get something and I heard a voice from the other side of the dividing curtain say my name. "Cindy." I looked around, wondering how many other Cindy's were in there having PT right at that moment, and if the voice was really calling me. The voice called again, "Cindy, this is Ken."

I hopped off of the table and went around to the other side of the curtain and there was our wonderful friend Ken, looking like he had just woken up. It turns out that he has been going to PT at Duke because of neck pain, and the reason he looked sleepy was that the physical therapist had been massaging his neck.

HUH? When I go to the physical therapist I just do exercises, one after the other. She makes me move my body in ways that leave me huffing and puffing even though I've hardly moved. And by the time I am done I can barely walk.

WHERE'S MY MASSAGE???

2 comments:

  1. I did physical therapy once too. I got massage as part of the treatment along with difficult tedious exercises. I'd demand a refund!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??? My physical therapy experience lines up with yours... just boring/hard exercises! No fair!

    (I did get to do exercises in a pool once, though... still, no massage!)

    ReplyDelete