Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fun with Mom's Camera

I've been wondering for a while why it is that I take pictures. Maybe that's a topic for another post another day. Today I'm also wondering why my kids like to take pictures. They always have--all 6 of them. When one of the big kids was older they got for Christmas a disposable camera, and a promise of a new one every month. When the pictures were developed they were of things like the poster on the wall, the foot of the bed, or half of the window.

Thank goodness for digital.

I let one of the little kids use my good digital camera a few years ago, and it never worked quite right after that. When I ended up with a new one last year I resolved that no small hands would ever touch it. Good resolution. Bad follow through.

Every now and then one of the little kids will ask if they can use my camera. I reiterate the important details of not touching the lens and putting the strap around their neck and holding it carefully and not touching the lens. And then they go off to have great fun doing who knows what.

This last time it was Rachel who wanted to use it.

How can you refuse a face like that???




When I downloaded the pictures to my computer, I got pictures like this:



Jared on the couch; my messy desk; Russ making dinner; plates on the table. Is there a rhyme or reason to it? They never seem interested in seeing the pictures that they've taken; it's just the taking of them that is important...


Rachel discovers the video button on my camera.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! They were that way with my camera too. Jenna actually took some fabulous pictures of the horses at the barn (she DID want to see them later, though, she begged me for days to print them out!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was cute. Abby always seems interested in my camera. She has dropped it a few times. I don't let her take pictures. I let Iris take a couple of pictures at the zoo today... that was interesting.

    ReplyDelete