Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We Did It!

We used to be a camping family. We camped several times a year. We even had our house burglarized one time when we were camping in Idaho.

All of that changed when the triplets were born. I could hardly go to the grocery store with three babies, much less on a camping trip. (What can I say--I'm a wimp!) And by the time I might have been ready to take the little kids camping, Cindy Lynn's need for medical equipment had increased and the teenagers had taken over most of our spare time. And so the camping continued not to happen.

Several years ago, in a moment of optimism I bought a new tent--super big for our expanded family. Russ & the boys enjoyed it once a year at the Father & Son's camp out, but that was all the action the tent saw. Until last Friday. Friday was the Durham 2nd Ward's Camp out and WE WERE THERE!!


We had a great time. The little kids spent the whole time playing in the fire.


Jason spent the whole time hanging out with the other teens.

Josh seemed to be having fun too...

Jared was so excited to go fishing Saturday morning.

Rachel gave it a try too, but the only thing they caught were tree roots.

Jenna had fun walking around on the fallen log and watching the water.

I enjoyed watching the wildlife,

As did Jason. ;)

Hopefully it won't be 9 more years before we go camping again!

4 comments:

  1. these were really great pics. My son Nate is pretty passionate about fishing and my daughter Brook is pretty passionate about wildlife!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so wished we could have gone! Darn that husbands schedule. :) I really like the fact that in both of the pictures you posted of Jason, he was surrounded by girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Lindsay--that would have been the theme of Jason's campout. He had a *great* time!

    ReplyDelete