Thursday, September 25, 2008

I ♥ Kenneth Cope

This morning I went for a short walk in my neighborhood. I often listen to Lex de Azevedo when I'm walking (I'm quite addicted to his "Variations on a Sacred Theme") but today I picked a new cd by Kenneth Cope, called "All About You." For some reason these lyrics were even more meaningful this morning. I am putting in the first part of the song so that it has some context, but the part that really touched me started with line 6.

From his song "Tell Me"

Voices surround me, all set to confound me
Damaging hopes and fostering fear
Rules and commandments ring heavy handed
In my ears, loud and clear

Sins and omissions, laws and conditions
And while I feel the need to make these known
Who'll speak of heaven's every intention
To make me whole, and bring me home?

Tell me, tell of a God that won't slow down
That will not rest till I am found
Tell of His heart that won't let go
His arms that long to hold me
Tell me, tell of that Love that knows my face
And speaks my name
Tell me...

For some reason I don't usually think like this. That God has every intention to make me whole, bring me home, and will not rest until I am found. I tend to spend more time thinking of how much harder I should be working, of how inadequate I continue to be. Thank goodness I am only a small part of this equation...

P.S. No, the picture has nothing to do with my walk. I just wanted a nice picture. And the ocean does always remind me of God's great love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment