Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fabulous Friday

I'm sure anyone who's spent more than two minutes around me this week has already heard the saga of how hectic these last two weeks have been. So I want to take a minute to to say that not every moment has been stressful.

On Friday mornings I drive my little kids and Sherry's little one to art class in Southern Durham. While we're there Jason is at Sherry's house doing Biology and other high-schoolish things. He's not ready to be picked up as soon as art is over, so I have to find things to entertain the little kids for at least an hour.

This whole week has been gray and cool, so I assumed we were headed for the mall after art class. At the last minute the sky cleared and the day was fabulously beautiful. We went to the park.


This picture does a good job of showing that this is a great park, and that the trees surrounding it are beautiful. Unfortunately it doesn't show how blue the sky was, with just the right amount of puffy clouds. Or that the sun was just warm enough that the light breeze was perfect. But you can see the beautiful sky here:

The kids had a great time playing. They were in no hurry to leave after an hour.

And, quite frankly, neither was I.


It was one of those moments when it's a great thing to be a fast reader. I came to the park just having started this book, and left 2 hours later almost done. It was wonderful. Except that the book is about kidnappers, and I spent the whole night thinking that someone was going to kidnap one of my kids....

P.S. One of the unexpected benefits about having had triplets is that I have very little memory for things that happened BT. (Before Triplets) Which means that this year I have had a delightful time re-reading or re-listening to quite a few Dick Francis books, which are some of my all time faves. I've read them all before, but I don't remember a thing!

1 comment: