Thursday, January 19, 2012

How I Handle the Stress/Grief Combo

First, there was the stress of no job.

Now, there is the stress of a job in a place far far away and a need to get the house ready to sell and a knot in the pit of my stomach all of the time and tears ready to leak out at any moment. 

(Funny that all of that can coexist with a knowledge in my heart that this is the right thing for our family.)

I find myself trying to escape way too much lately.  How, you might ask?

And I would tell you

eating chocolate
reading
hot baths
staying up way too late

And sometimes three of those at the same time.

But never all four, because then I would fall asleep in the tub, drop the (library) book into the water, and ruin my good chocolate.

And I care too much about my chocolate to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate, baths, books, and late nights. Excellent coping indeed! I'm so sorry for your stress! But honestly, chocolate WILL help.

    ReplyDelete