Monday, January 16, 2012

Angels in our Home

Last week my dad & Ramona came and spent three days to help us get the house ready to sell.  They were so generous with their time and we APPRECIATE THEM SO MUCH!!!   (So much that I need to shout about it!)

They arrived Wednesday night and my dad & I had a fun trip to Home Depot to pick up paint and the other hundred dollars worth of painting supplies I knew we’d need.  (Do you ever wish you were the one that invented that blue tape?  Because it is seriously expensive stuff, and you need so much of it!)  He even let me drive Ramona’s new car which starts without a key.  I thought that was seriously cool.

They were up and ready to go at the crack of dawn on Thursday, and they only stopped to eat or sleep until Saturday afternoon.  They painted the living room, the family room, the dining room, and (in a total surprise while we were at the temple on Saturday) the kitchen too.  The paint color is very peaceful and lovely and neutral.  (It is NOT our cheerful yellow and we all miss it already.  I think it’s safe to say that we’ll have to paint our new house in Oregon yellow as soon as possible so that we can all be cheerful again.) 

They did such a good job and we love and appreciate them so much!!!!

(See how angelic they are?)IMG_2126

IMG_2129IMG_2130IMG_2133

PS—Yes, those are my gross & baggy work clothes.  Which is just about all I wear these days.
PPS—No, Josh is not a lumberjack.  He just likes their hats…

3 comments:

  1. They did look like they had a halo of light behind them. Of course in that picture, they also remind me of the cornflakes people with the pitchfork.

    come to think of it, we had similar looking angels at our house once or three times. They have hung wallpaper boarder, they have painted, AND they have moved in ALL their furniture to our old house, staged it perfectly, took pictures, and moved everything out a month later.

    Definitely Angels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree- American Gothic with paintbrushes= very cute! You are helping me count my blessings, one of which is that we're renters:). Also, I hope I can be a "helper-outer" type when my kids are grown up- not like my mom, who, bless her heart, is a "read the paper to me while I cook dinner after I just had a baby" type. Might they be willing to hire out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cindy, I swear $%@&%$# I think I bought $350 of blue tape. I started reusing it from room to room as much as possible. How can there not be a store brand of that stuff? I need stock in 3M. Is it a publicly held co.? I repainted all three levels of my house before selling it. I hated my 9 ft ceilings and crown molding on the first floor more than you can imagine. Being single made it awful. And B was on his mission, and my high school senior was so busy w/ the end of senior year stuff and (attitude) that it took about 6 months to recover. It was totally worth all of the work. My house was only on the market for 17 days. The living in a model home feeling and calls from the driveway at 9 am on a Saturday asking if they could show the house NOW drove me nuts. Did you know that people who buy houses don't want to see trash cans or toilet brushes or shampoo or appliances on the kitchen counter? Really? The stuff we had to hide and put in storage was ridiculous. I hope you sell your house quickly. You can totally do this ;)

    ReplyDelete