Friday, January 6, 2012

(An Explanation)

I just wrote out our whole holiday schedule and posted it.  It occurs to me that this could be interpreted in any number of ways—that I am complaining because we were too busy, that I am showing off because we were too busy, that I am hoping for more invitations because we are not nearly busy enough.  Really, I did it because I remember less and less every year, and I want to remember this holiday season.  I probably keep saying this, but I am so grateful to have known before Christmas that this could be our last year here in North Carolina.  I am the kind of person (for better or worse, apparently) that would regret forever traditions left undone, memories that didn’t get made.  And what that list reminds me of is that this year it all got done.  All the songs, all the games, all the music, all the fun, all of the love.  And no matter what happens, I will always be grateful for that.

IMG_1974

2 comments:

  1. Loved catching up on your holiday activities! Thanks for sharing. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how I feel about our last year in Seattle. I know it was a tender mercy that the Lord let us know it could be our last year so that we {probably so I, mostly} could savor all the "last" experiences. It made the leaving less bitter and more sweet.

    ReplyDelete