Friday, January 6, 2012

Holiday Hangover and Blitzkrieg Blogging

Ok, you already know that I don’t have a real hangover.  But boy do I have a too-much-sugar-too-many-late-nights-too-much-partying hangover!!  I just made the (way past due) decision to gift my kids in the morning with my leftover Christmas candy (except for the Lindt balls from sweet Russ—I wouldn’t give those to anyone!) so that I will stop eating it and it will stop making me feel nasty.  Fortunately for them they are young enough to eat all of that junk and feel just fine.

(A digression.  I was telling my non-LDS hairdresser about Russ getting laid off.  I told her that even though he was dieting, he came home that day with a diet Dr. Pepper in one hand and a big old snickers in the other.  And that I told him that it was definitely a day for Dr. Pepper and snickers if ever there was one.  “Yeah,” she said, “It’s not like he could go out and get plastered or anything like that.”  You know, I’d never even considered that option.  So kudus to Russ for handling his job loss with only caffeine and chocolate!)

Anyway, back to me.  We have had such a fabulous Christmas vacation.  We were having fun before Cindy Lynn and Mahon arrived, and after they came we kicked it into even higher gear.  Poor Cindy Lynn left this afternoon and really needs to go home and sleep for four or five weeks.  Instead she will get to go home and start packing for their upcoming move to Utah.  She is awesome.  And hopefully after her move she will sleep for four or five weeks so she doesn’t end up in the hospital.

And again, back to me.  I am exhausted.  My head hurts from too much sugar.  My head hurts from not enough sleep.  My head hurts from having lost my sunglasses last summer and driving around on a sunny day. (I am going to have to give in and get new sun glasses.)  It is probably a good thing we have to go back to a semi-regular life, even though I will moan and groan and complain about it.  But seriously, my body couldn’t take this too much longer…

 

Tonight, while I’m vegging and Russ is watching 3-4 things on tv and reading a book at the same time, I’m going to try some blitzkrieg blogging and see if I can record the rest of our holiday fun.  Not because you necessarily need to know about it, but because I want it recorded for me.  I can’t tell you how many times over the last week Cindy Lynn said “remember when we….?” and I said “no, why don’t you tell me about it?”  And sometimes I didn’t even remember then.  Today on NPR I heard a researcher talking about their new study that shows that cognitive decline begins as early as 45.  Well, folks, I am definitely there. 

1 comment:

  1. Time to pull out the sudoku & crossword puzzles to ward off future mental decline {after you get well-rested, of course}. ;)

    Good for you for recording all the details while they're fresh. It's way too easy to think, "Of course I'll remember this!" when {at least in my case, & it sounds like in yours, too} there's absolutely no "of course" about it! =)

    ReplyDelete