Tuesday, June 22, 2010

That was Close!

Becky and her children came over to swim this afternoon.  Russ had taken the van to work so that he could pick up my sister and her kids at the airport, so I got to drive his convertible.  I figured hey, the pool is only .4 miles away and I'm just going to drive 15 miles an hour, so I will see if Becky's kids want to drive to the pool in the convertible with the top down. 

First I should say that the convertible has 4 seatbelts, and I had me, my 3 little people, and their friend Joshua.  So as you see, we were already past capacity.

But, like I said, it was only .4 miles.  What could it hurt to add 3 more small people?

Except that it wasn't 3 more; Becky was babysitting 2 of Martha's kids.  So it was 5 more.

Never one to back down from a challenge, I stacked the 9 (NINE!!!) children into the back seat and passenger seat of the convertible.

And then I drove oh-so-slowly and oh-so-carefully to the swimming pool.

Where a police car was sitting in the parking lot.

A POLICE CAR!!!

And me with TEN people in a four-passenger car!

I told everyone to duck, (hah) and then drove around the other way and let them all out in front of the clubhouse before driving over to the parking lot.

Hoping he wouldn't notice just how completely and thoroughly I was breaking the law...


(I think we got away with it, but I do not think I will do that again!)

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Well, it sounds like you've learned your lesson, young lady. I'm glad to hear you won't be trying that again. ;) But I bet the sardine children were having a blast! Definitely qualifies for a "Remember when..." moment! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally something I would have done, wondering the entire time if I was about to be busted!

    ReplyDelete