Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Silly Bandz

When I first read (on another blog) about silly bandz I couldn’t figure out what they were.  And when I did see them I was not impressed, though I bought a pack for my kids to share because I’m just that cool of a mom. ;)

Recently we had a bunch of families over for a cookout, and I was so amazed to see what happened as soon as everyone arrived.

All of the little kids formed a circle in the school room.

June 2010 658

They laid their bands in little rows on the floor, and then the trading began.

June 2010 657 

When they were done they picked them back up and put them on their wrists again.

I think they’re all insane!!!

June 2010 656

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I don't know if I should let my children see that picture or not -- seems like something that would totally intrigue them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I found funny was at Montana's party Sam came up to me with a new band.. she had traded with one of the TEENS. It doesn't seem to have an age limit. LOL Although, I am told, one of your sons doesn't do these trends. BUT he was willing to wear a plain rubber band. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally, Kerri- Brigham tried to make a trade with the Optician today, eyeglasses for a porcupine, which according to Brigham is the third rarest silly band. The guy REFUSED to trade his eyeglass silly band!! I almost died, it was so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete