Friday, January 15, 2010

Phone Book Phrustration



Today the phone company left us an unhappy little gift. A plastic bag beside our mailbox containing not one, but four new phone books. Two big, two little.

I'm sure they killed a tree to make these phone books that I don't want.

Does anyone use phone books anymore? I almost never do. Every now and then maybe, but mostly I use Google. (Have I mentioned before that I am the Queen of Google? Because I am.)

So what does one do with all of these extra phone books? Is there a way to make them stop coming? Or to make them only bring one? Only on alternate years? Surely there's a "do-not-phone-book" list I can call to get on???

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same thing when ours came a bit ago. I don't ever use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a non phone book user... they have to be obsolete for a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't have a phone book for awhile, until Mahon called and requested on last year from the phone company. I have actually used it once, and found that there is a very good time to use a phone book - when your power is out and you need to call the power company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the same thing! It seriously went straight into my recycling bin. I don't have room to store unwanted phone books!

    ReplyDelete