Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Age Old Question

(not my photo)


If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it,
does it still make a sound?


In the beginning, the only people who read my blog were Russ and Cindy Lynn. And I was good with that.

In the intervening months I've grown accustomed to having a few wonderful readers; friends who's comments I enjoy and look forward to.

That is why I find myself partially paralyzed by the recent discovery that my blog isn't updating on blog roll sidebars anymore. It's a tricky relationship, blogger and reader. I tell myself that I'm blogging for me, and me alone. And yet I want you here too, adding your voice to my thoughts and experiences, laughing along with me, and enjoying my messes.

The problem is that I'm already behind in the memories that I'm trying to record. I've tried everything I can to force a fix but the problem is obviously a blogger problem. So I think my answer to the age old question is going to have to be

If a post publishes, and no one knows it, it is still worth writing...


-------
Update: Must have been karma. As soon as I decided that I would have to keep on blogging, regardless of who knew I was doing it, my blog started updating again!

3 comments:

  1. My blooger feed works just fine. I see everytime you publish. I just don't comment every time (Never played ticket to ride or watched LOTR)

    But blogs are always worth publishing even if no one reads it right away. A buddy just got home from an 18 month mission. I didn't publish a year ago with her in mind, but now she is able to catch up - 12 months later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I did miss the post before this one. Glad it's working again because yours is one of my favorite blogs to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading your blogs and keeping up with your life.

    ReplyDelete