Thursday, January 7, 2010

Girl Talk


I really like being female. I like being a mommy, and I like not having to scratch and slap people on the butt, and I like girl talk.

Tonight Cindy Lynn and I spent the evening with two of our lovely friends. When Cindy Lynn's husband heard that we were there for 4 hours, he asked what we did. And when Cindy Lynn told him that we talked the whole time, he said,
GOOD GRIEF WOMAN!!! WHAT ON EARTH DID YOU HAVE TO TALK ABOUT???
Well obviously Mahon doesn't understand about girl talk.

We can talk about anything. We can talk about everything. We can talk about books we've read, movies we've seen, and places we've been. Parenting tips, ways we're sure we're messing up our children, ways our parents messed us up. We can talk about what's making us happy, what's making us sad, and what we're not really sure about.

And it is all wonderful and soul-feeding. Thanks, girls!

5 comments:

  1. Even though I didn't go to bed until 1, I had the best night's sleep I'd had all week- that was so fun and we MUST do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya think? Come to my house... :) I've been outnumbered forever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously - just what I need every once in a while! Brian was so surprised when I walked in at 1. (Though, I don't really know why - it's not like that hasn't happened before when we get a bunch of girls around!)

    ReplyDelete