Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More Pyrex Trouble


This is what happened the other night while I was trying to make hot chocolate. (Endless partying requires lots and lots of hot chocolate.)


(Didn't I just break a pyrex casserole dish?)

What a mess. It took me and Cindy Lynn and my sister in law Jenny to clean it all up. It was all over my sweater, sweats, and slippers. (yes, my house is cold.)

Happily, I have another pyrex bowl. I actually cook a lot of things in my pyrex bowls in the microwave--anything that has a white sauce base I cook in the microwave instead of on the stove.

I'm a little worried, though, that the next time I try to cook something it will explode on me again. Hopefully the problem was just that the syrup & the bowl were too hot and the milk I added was too cold. I should be more careful...


~~~
P.S. Perhaps I am not meant to make hot chocolate. Or at least not in the microwave. Because I just found out that this is what happens when you make the syrup in a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup...

ARGGGHHHHH!

~~~
P.P.S. At least now the whole microwave is clean!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad no eyes were pierced with shattered glass nor skin scalded, at least. =) Good luck figuring out the secret of keeping those Pyrex dishes whole & still utilizing that convenient microwave! =D

    p.s. I'm glad you took pictures of those disasters. THAT, for me, is one of the joys of blogging!

    ReplyDelete