Wednesday, November 4, 2009

11/4: Safety

Today there was an explosion at an oil refinery just north of Salt Lake City, about a mile from my sister's home. As soon as we heard about it I called her to see if she & her family were ok. She said that the explosion was strong enough that she thought that something in her house had exploded. Thankfully neither they nor their house were damaged.

I had a scary moment in the car with Jason recently. It made me remember why having teenage drivers makes me nervous. Since then I've been wondering how often we receive heavenly protection without ever being aware.

So today I'm thankful for that protection. For all of the times when something bad could have happened, but didn't. And that my sister's house is still sitting firmly on it's foundation.

1 comment:

  1. I've often wondered how many times we've escaped something bad happening and haven't even noticed. What a great reminder to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete