Wednesday, November 18, 2009

11/19: Perspective

I'm really grateful that when my stove-dyslexia reared it's ugly head tonight, and I noticed that the chicken enchiladas pulled from the freezer for dinner were now residing in a thoroughly shattered pyrex casserole dish, I was able to shrug my shoulders and walk away.

Life happens. Thank goodness no one got hurt.

Hopefully there will be some good sales on casserole dishes over the holidays. And maybe one day my stove-dyslexia will be cured and I won't turn on the wrong burner anymore. (yeah...like that will happen!)

3 comments:

  1. Hey - if you want to see a THOROUGHLY shattered casserole dish, look at the picture of mine last year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad no one got hurt, too! Good luck finding a great sale -- those Pyrex dishes are invaluable! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have a huge scratch in my kitchen floor from a flying shard of glass when I did the same thing with a dish of meatballs...maybe one day they will put the knobs next to the burners.

    ReplyDelete