Tuesday, November 3, 2009

11/3: Rose Colored Glasses


I know you're wondering what on earth my "rose colored glasses" are, and why I'm thankful for them today.

Shortly before our big trip this summer my old sunglasses lost a lens somewhere and I had to get a new pair so that my eyes would survive the drive across the country.

I don't love my new sunglasses. While they don't pull my hair out anymore (a definite benefit), they also don't stay on the top of my head well at all. And you know how important that is in a pair of sunglasses!

But there is one area where my sunglasses shine. They make the world around me truly beautiful. I have noticed that even more in the last couple of weeks; my sunglasses take what is already beautiful and kick it up a notch.

The tree that is lovely yellow appears to be almost on fire once I don my glasses. Earlier today I passed a large tree with orange leaves; my glasses turned the leaves to neon. Even the marginal leaves are lovely when seen through my new eyes.

At first I felt a bit guilty about this — like I was somehow cheating by augmenting the natural colors of fall.

But I finally decided that I'm just going to go with it, and enjoy it. I'm just sorry the rest of you can't see the world through my rose colored glasses...

No comments:

Post a Comment