Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yummy Consolation

I’ve been dragging the kids around the neighborhood every morning, up and down approximately two miles worth of hills so that they’ll be in shape for some of our fun activities in the next few weeks.  Today I promised that we would “hike” and then stop at the pool for a swim.  When we got there the water was alarmingly green, so we decided to pass on cooling off in the pool.  I promised them a cool treat instead when we got home, and we kept hiking.  They were pretty grumpy.  Until I mixed up the Orange Julius…

 

6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk (I used 1/2 c milk and 1/2 c cream)
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/4 c sugar and 1/8 c pwd sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8-9 ice cubes
I also added 4-5 frozen strawberries

1. Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender.
2. Blend, then add ice.

 

Drink, forgetting all about how sad you were not to be able to go to the pool!!!

June 2011 168

1 comment:

  1. I've discovered that if I put in a whole banana, I can leave out all our most of the sugar. Blueberries are good too.

    ReplyDelete