Monday, June 13, 2011

New Look, New Ride

I finally got the new glasses that I’ve been needing for a couple of years.  Hopefully I can keep these on my face for longer without my eyes hurting.  And, lucky for me, there was a fashion forward guy working at the eye place that day who bullied me into getting a really different pair of glasses instead of the same-o same-o I was going to get. 

June 2011 015

Next, in honor of the fact that my minivan was quickly approaching it’s 200,000th mile, I bought myself a new ride.  (New to me, anyway!)

June 2011 017

When I noticed that I was having a hard time finding my new ride in parking lots (do you know how many silver cars are out there???) I decided that it was time for something else new—bumper stickers.  I had brought one back from Hawaii a couple of years ago but didn’t want to put it on my venture because I know it was just a matter of time before we replaced it.  I figured it was the perfect solution to make my car easier to spot. 

In the front window I put my fish sticker

June 2011 319

and in the back window, my Hawaiian turtles.  I just love them, and now I’ll be able to find my car!

June 2011 322

5 comments:

  1. I don't think the glasses look that different. And I love the stickers!!! I am going to be sad when we get a new car this fall and we don't have my I <3 Dolphins sticker from Maui anymore! ......... Guess I'll just have to go back and get another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do happen to know how many gray minivans are out there! I love the stickers - but you already know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! So do you like the Toyota? I think a van is in our future in the next few years, so I'm always curious....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! New things are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are rockin the new look!

    ReplyDelete