Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moab Part 1: Arriving

 

You may have already figured out from my picture last week that the kids and I were in Moab.  We were able to entice about half of my family to meet us there, and at the last minute my dad and Ramona were able to come too.  We spent 2 nights (not nearly enough time, we all decided) and had a wonderful time.  And my sister already has pictures up on her blog so I’m being shamed into working on mine!

We arrived in Moab Wednesday evening, via one of the most beautiful roads I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving on.  You see, you can drive on the fast direct road, or you can drive on the scenic route road that goes along the Colorado River.  I’m sure it comes as no surprise that I would pick the scenic road.  The river was beautiful and the canyon walls were amazing.

Arches 2011 (12) Arches 2011 (5) Arches 2011 (26)

We were so excited to arrive in Moab at our condos and see all of the cousins.  The only fly in the ointment was that the condos were around a long corner from each other so it wasn’t convenient to go back and forth.  After some consultation among the parents we decided that the only thing to be done was take this

June 2011 1386

June 2011 1355

It was a brilliant move accomplished by the removal of 4 boards and 12 screws, and when we were ready to leave Jason & Robby re-attached everything and no one will ever be the wiser.  (Let’s just hope the owners aren’t reading my blog!)

My dad & Ramona took everyone out to Pizza Hut for dinner; I’m not sure that Pizza Hut knew what hit them!  (There were 30 of us.)

 Andras Arches 002 June 2011 1332

June 2011 1335 June 2011 1336

June 2011 1342 

Then we went back to the condos and I went to bed early in preparation for our big Moab adventure—a sunrise hike to Delicate Arch!

~to be continued~

1 comment:

  1. How clever! And is that your brother in the last picture? I think Josh looks a lot like him....though he have to shave his head for me to really tell:).

    ReplyDelete