Thursday, June 23, 2011

Moab Part 3: Fun at Double Arch

After our beautiful sunrise hike we drove back to the condos and ate breakfast with everyone. 

Have I mentioned yet who was there?  We had:

  • Me, with Jason, Rachel, Jenna, & Jared  (Russ was home working and Josh was getting ready for High Adventure)
  • My sister Andra, her husband and their eight kids
  • My brother Ben, his wife and their two kids
  • My brother Jeff with his two kids
  • My sister Laila with her husband and five kids, which includes the three month old twins!
  • My dad & Ramona

It was quite the party!

After breakfast we went back into Arches.  Everyone wanted to go to Double Arch, which we call “the place where you can throw bouncy balls.”  I already knew that my kids love Double Arch so that was fine with me. 

Arches 2011 (362) We spent quite a bit of time at Double Arch two years ago, and my kids were looking forward to climbing all over this beautiful formation again.  Last time Jason (who loves to climb) was way up high in a little nook.  Two people sitting near me commented on how high “that boy” was. 

“I’ve heard that he is descended from mountain goats,” I told them.

 

The kids lost no time starting to climb to as many high places as they could reach.

Arches 2011 (315) Here is a picture of Jason & Jared way up high.  Eventually the girls climbed up there too.

Arches 2011 (326) Arches 2011 (272)

Arches 2011 (281)

I even did a little climbing.

Andras Arches 059

At one point there were only Watsons in Double Arch—I think we scared everyone else off!

Arches 2011 (353) 

Even the twins had a good time at Double Arch.  First they got fed,

Andras Arches 062

And then I held them while Andra and Laila went to climb.  My shade kept disappearing so I had to improvise as well as I could.

P6160126

The kids climbed and climbed and climbed, until finally it was time to go and get lunch.  We never did go to any other arches, and when we thought we had extra time the next day all of the kids wanted to go back to Double Arch!

Arches 2011 (335)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you scared everyone off because they thought the multiples thing was catching:)...looks like so much fun- what did they use to carry the babies? I'm finally trying out the Bjorn...not sure if I like it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Descended from mountain goats--I've never heard that story! True, though.

    ReplyDelete