Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Year’s Resolution #7 (a revision of an old goal)

Several years ago I resolved that I would never read “secular” books on Sunday.  I’d hoped that this change would mean that I would read more church books and feel closer to the Lord.

For some reason it just hasn’t worked well, and I’m not sure why.  So this year I’ve decided to change that goal.  I’m relaxing my rules about Sunday reading, and will be interested to see what happens.  But I also have a new rule:

When the new Ensign comes (church magazine for adults) it’s the only bathroom reading allowed until it’s finished.  No more excuses for not having read it. 

 

We’ll see how that goes!

3 comments:

  1. I banned all my "fun" reading from the pick up line at school. It has helped. I get about 20 minutes a day of some sort of church related reading. I am working on the Book of Mormon for the Young Woman project. I think it is hard to choose what to read as a mom because our time is so limited. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I like Kerri's idea too...I should figure out something that would make it more likely to finish the ensign every month!

    ReplyDelete