Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I’m in Love. No, WE’RE in Love!

Several months ago I posted about the dearth of pencils in my land.  Once I added several new boxes of pens and pencils into circulation our problems were not over.  The pencil sharpener started making this shrill, piercing whine.  And stopped really sharpening our pencils.  It’s been frustrating, because over a couple of months we’ve managed to wear down every pencil we’ve found to a nub.

Last week I was in Costco and guess what they had on an end cap?  Pencil sharpeners!  I didn’t even look at it.  I’d been looking at sharpeners on Amazon and didn’t want to pay $35+, so I figured anything at costco for $17 was coming home with me.

 

January 2011 140

My faith was not unfounded.   It sweetly and (relatively) quietly sharpened each and every one of the thousand pencils we fed into it.

And it is clear, so we can watch it work!  How cool is that?!?

 

January 2011 141

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one with frustrations against pencil sharpeners. The cry of "I can't find a pencil!!" is the story of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than an unlimited supply of perfectly sharp pencils....I wonder if the 17$ investment might actually be a better budget decision than my mechanical pencil habit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas' teacher has one of those brand in her classroom, and it works so well! I have a hand-crank sharpener which I love, but the suction cup no longer sticks well which makes it a pain. Congrats on your new buy! =D

    ReplyDelete