Sunday, July 12, 2009

He's All Boy


Every week in church, after the sacrament is over, Rachel, Jenna, & Jared grab pens and paper and start drawing. For about 3 years now paper has been the only entertainment available during church, and for 3 years I've watched them draw. For a while Jenna went through her "wardrobe planner phase" where she drew, colored, and labeled different articles of clothing. Labels like "skrt", "bjamus", and "jres." ( I didn't realize before that the fine distinctions between beginning consonant sounds that my kids had obviously missed!)

Today Jenna was sitting beside me, and Jared past her. Jenna drew a wide variety of things: alligators, a ferris wheel, shapes, stars, and a house.

Here is what Jared drew.


What can I say? He's all boy. Even in sacrament meeting.

8 comments:

  1. Too fun! I really wish Hannah could get together with your kids. Hannah was labeling a paper with her outfit plans just today. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! That is awesome. (Mahon agrees.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's what I always drew until I was about 16.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean--that doesn't surprise me at all. Josh (who's almost 14) draws lots of swords in church. He's actually become quite skilled at it.

    Megan--I do think Hannah & my girls have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drawing swords is chuch like at least. I always drew tanks and small military aircraft. Drawing swords he could say is in relation to the Alma chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh right. You have to draw it before you can bury it, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally random, but when I was dating KNJ, one day she woke up a sticky note on her forehead. On it was a bathtub drawing. She wondered out to her mom. Her mom said, "I know last night was a rough night so I drew you a bath this morning to help you wake up." She went into the bathroom and saw the tub was empty. Then it clicked in her head that it was a pun.

    --
    Yes, you have to draw them before you can bury them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Sean--that's a good pun! I can't imagine if I sticky noted anything to one of my kids that they would still have it in the morning, though.

    ReplyDelete