Saturday, July 18, 2009

Family Pics


Family pictures are a big deal to me. And family pictures taken at the beach are even better. For many years we've sent out a family picture from the beach with our Christmas letter. Last year it was a picture from the wedding, but this year we're back to the beach because that is our natural habitat.

I knew that we had to take our picture in Florida this year because we wouldn't be all together any other time. So I planned the clothes and packed the tripod and hoped there would be a good location. Happily there were some picturesque rocks along the jetty at the complex where we were staying. So one evening when it cooled off a little we got all cleaned up and walked to the jetty for the annual picture taking ritual.

I thought this was sweet. Getting a son-in-law has been an odd experience for us, but the more we're around Mahon the more we like him. We especially like the way he takes such good care of Cindy Lynn!

When we got to the jetty we tried out different rocks to see what would work best. The rocks were NOT comfortable to sit on, but my kids (seasoned veterans of the family picture taking experience) were troupers.

We finally found an arrangement of rocks that was suitable and started piling people on. Josh got a little carried away for a minute there.

But we eventually got some great shots, including this one. (Which is not the picture for the Christmas letter!)

When we were done the kids took off and Cindy Lynn got this picture of the girls.

Aren't they so sweet? On days like today I need pictures like that to look at!

Then Cindy Lynn took some pictures of Russ & me.

She also took this picture on one of the other days--isn't it fun?

So there we are. It's only July and I already have the picture for the Christmas letter. If only the rest of my life was that orderly!

4 comments:

  1. I really love the stray crock in family pic #1- that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's your cute flouncy red skirt?

    And I want access to your blog, once it's private, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie--yeah, we weren't really all ready yet, as you can tell.

    InkMom--Cindy Lynn made those skirts while Russ & I were in Maui this year. For some reason she didn't make me one... ;)

    ReplyDelete