Saturday, July 25, 2009

Come Fly With Me

Every year that we've driven across the country to Utah I've kept a trip journal and sent trip reports to family and friends. I've loved sharing the fun we've had and the strange and beautiful things we've seen with the people that I love.

Trip reports were one of the reasons that I wanted to start a blog. I loved the idea of being able to more easily combine my pictures with my words, and I love having a record of what we've done.

-------------

I hope you enjoy our trip vicariously. I read a quote the other day that made me think about driving to Utah. Charles Kuralt said,
Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.
I disagree completely. Interestates may make it possible to travel without stopping at a stoplight and without seeing Main St. of a million small towns along the way. But as we drive the 2100 miles to Utah we will see 2100 miles of landscape that makes up America, and that is a sight to behold.

From the beautiful mountains of Virginia,

to the pioneer landmarks of Nebraska,

National landmarks at sunset,

Sunflower fields in Kansas,

And beautiful sunsets,

We see a lot of amazing things from the interstate.

I wonder what we'll see this time!

1 comment:

  1. I love your photographs. I look forward to reading more about your travels. I think you're wise to not announce to the world that you've been gone until after you return. =)

    ReplyDelete