Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine’s Conversations

We may not have managed much this year for Valentine’s day besides the day after half-priced chocolates (and there weren’t even that many at Fred Meyer or Albertsons, which really worries me for the future of this plan) but we did have our giant conversation cookies and spent a pleasant half hour making conversations for each other.

DSC_3666

It’s always funny to see what random things people come up with.

DSC_3670

And to see hearts with new things on them.  Tweet me??

DSC_3673

Josh was much more interested in heart quantity than preserving conversation quality and he covered his cookie with hearts.

  DSC_3669

DSC_3668

I am embarrassed to confess that Russ and I actually ate our cookies the fastest this time.  The combination of Nancy’s soft sugar cookies and my favorite frosting recipe were just too much to resist, and both of our cookies were gone within 24 hours.  Yum, yum!

Nancy’s Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sour cream
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
3 1/4 c. flour
1 t. bkg soda
1 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt

Cream butter, sour cream, and egg.  Add dry ingredients and vanilla.  Doesn’t have to be chilled before rolling out.  Bake at 375 until just starting to turn brown around the edges.  (Times vary for such big cookies—I think I did mine for about 12 minutes at 350 on convection bake.)

Delicious Butter-Cream Frosting

4 c. powdered sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. softened butter
6 T. cream
1 t. vanilla

Mix powdered sugar, salt, and softened butter.  Add cream and mix till fluffy, then add vanilla.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted her recipe- I've always wanted a good soft sugar cookie recipe and I love it when my recipes come from people I love and I get to think of them every time I make them:).

    ReplyDelete