Friday, February 8, 2013

Icy Beauty

Russ is out of town, having his annual visit with his parents in Utah, so I got to take the kids to band at 7 this morning.  The windshield was unexpectedly icy, and while I was cleaning it off the kids discovered that Russ’s car was also icy, but in a much more beautiful way.  When I got back I grabbed my camera and took some pictures.

DSC_3608DSC_3610DSC_3614DSC_3622DSC_3636

Even the pond had strange lacy frozen shapes on it.  You would think these are frozen leaves, but there are no leaves on the surface of the pond.

DSC_3605

I’m not normally a fan of early mornings, but I was glad that I got to see this one…

2 comments:

  1. How strange! And definitely, definitely something good to be awake for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! I am just left wondering (a) how did all that beautiful patterning happen and (b) why not to both vehicles?????

    ReplyDelete