Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You just can’t make these things up…

Last night for family night I decided to talk about  my recent insights about the 5th Chapter of Nephi.  Using our trusty whiteboard we first listed all of the hard things that happened to Nephi & his family as a result of the Lord’s command that they go and get the plates.

IMG_9999_1

Then we listed the hard things that are currently happening in our lives.

IMG_9999_2

Russ pointed out that, like Nephi’s family, we are having to leave our home and travel far away.  We talked about a few more similarities. 

And then Jenna said

And dad moving this week is like Nephi cutting off Laban’s head!


Um…yeah…that was exactly my point…

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!

    By the way, I just love you guys so much... words can't express how much I love that "leaving the warm ocean" made the list. ;) Because that is a REAL hardship!

    ReplyDelete