Saturday, February 11, 2012

Some People

 

For quite a while I have had some complaining going on in my head…

 

Some people don’t get laid off.

Some people get to choose to live where they want to live.

Some people don’t have to sell their houses that they love.

 

Over and over, these thoughts went through my mind.

 

One day, right in the middle of them, I remembered my sister’s response when she found out that Russ had a job offer.  “But he’s hardly been laid off at all!” she said.  “I thought it was going to go on forever and you would run out of money and it would be so hard.”

Right then and there the thoughts in my head morphed a little.

 

Some people have plenty of severance when they get laid off.

Some people get a new job pretty quickly.

Some people get offered a new job with a great company in a beautiful place.

Some people have just enough time being unemployed to get their house ready to sell.

Some people get moved by their new company.

Some people have friends that are so dear that it breaks the heart to leave them.

Some people get to come back and go to the beach at the end of the summer.

 

It is true; we are not getting what we wanted.  But I cannot let that fact keep me from seeing the enormity of what Heavenly Father is providing for us…

No comments:

Post a Comment