Monday, February 27, 2012

Moments Like This

Are what keep me going right now. 

IMG_0344

The hectic cleaning/packing/organizing makes me feel like I will go crazy.  Part of the problem is that in cleaning up the mess here

IMG_0336

I just end up with stuff that needs to be redistributed elsewhere in the house, with the potential to increase other messes or mess up places I’ve already cleaned. 

IMG_0337

I know that for some the answer is just to throw everything away, and I have thrown away tons and tons of stuff.  But—we need some of this.  And we want some of it.  And so some goes into boxes to go out to the garage and to the storage space, and some goes into closets and drawers throughout the house.  And ALL of it makes me a little bit crazier.  (Not that that was going to be a long trip anyway…)

 

So when I come into the girls room and see Jenna & Jared on the bed together skyping with Russ before he starts his work day in Oregon, it makes my heart happy and a little lighter.  Today I just needed to stop for a minute to celebrate that. 

And the fact that it turns out after all that 11 year olds really are old enough to clean tubs. 

IMG_0345

And while I’m posting sweet pics of my kids, here’s one from yesterday.  These poor kids have been run ragged for the last week, on top of spending the weekend partying while I was in Oregon.  They are tired!

IMG_0300

IMG_0301

1 comment: