Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Bipolar Blog Life

I know someone who’s really worried about the government finding out too much about her. She’s recently decided that in light of Google’s changing privacy policies, she’s going to delete her blog, her facebook account, and any other information about herself on the internet.

I’m not exactly sure what she’s afraid will happen. If the government happened across my blog, I’m sure the worst thing that would happen would be that they would recommend I get into therapy immediately. Or maybe that would be the best thing that would happen…not sure, really.

I do feel like my blog is a bit bipolar recently.

Cool vacation with Russ!
I’m crying all the time…
I love Charleston!
I can trust Heavenly Father…
Silly groundhog!
Crying more…
Losing money on our house!
House hunting is scary…

And so it goes. Bipolarly along.

But really, that’s what it feels like inside my brain and heart right now too. One minute I’m crying in Costco because I ran into Nancy and she asked me how I'm doing (not too good, I guess!) and the next I’m at book club laughing like crazy with all of those women that I love so much. One moment I’m feeling so overwhelmed with the amount of work that still needs to be done here and the next I’m playing games with my wonderful friends who came over and laughing until my face hurts. One minute I am crying again because I’m so sad about leaving and the next I’m overwhelmed with how much the Lord has blessed and guided us through this time.

And on and on.

I’m not necessarily a really even-keeled person, though I think I’m normally much steadier than this. And because my blog is at least an attempt at recording my life, I’m guessing the bipolar trend is going to continue for at least the next little while.

Please send therapists…

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't a therapist say that recognition is the first step? :)
    I think your bi-polarness in all this change is totally normal, so don't fret too much!
    I'm sad to have missed book club! Glad it brought you lots of laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your bi-polar-ness is just evidence that you're still looking for the good amidst a crappy situation. I think lots of people would be sucked into the sadness and just sit there waiting for the storm to pass... but you keep fighting to pull yourself up for breaths of fresh air even when you know the storms will necessarily pull you back.

    Good for you. This is one of the reasons I will miss you So, So much.

    ReplyDelete