Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Staging

stag·ing/ˈstājiNG/
v.  the act of preparing a private residence for sale in the real estate marketplace. The goal of staging is to make a home appealing to the highest number of potential buyers, thereby selling a property more swiftly and for more money. Staging techniques focus on improving a property's appeal by transforming it into a welcoming, attractive product that anyone might want.

 

The realtors explained that our house would sell better if it was “staged.”  (Thankfully we all know from watching HGTV what staged means.)

I worked in my bedroom all day yesterday.  I am not sure this is what they were after.room packing

As I was pulling stuff out of a closet to put in boxes, I found this.

IMG_2639

A grocery bag filled with candy, stored in a “safe place” for almost 10 years now…Russ says it tastes pretty stale…

3 comments:

  1. That bag o candy is awesome!!!! As for the bedroom - Maybe not "quite" the right look yet!!!
    Wish I was there to help. Just the memory of how HARD that type of work is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying laughing about that candy! That's hilarious....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny about the candy.

    Your house looks like mine at the moment.. I haven't taken to many pics though.

    Again if you need anything!!!! Call.

    ReplyDelete