Monday, August 1, 2011

Obstacle Course

One night I was working on dinner and the kids starting running through the kitchen.  I was talking on the phone and might not have even noticed, except that they kept coming down the back stairs and through the kitchen door, leaving it open.  Each time I closed the door so that we wouldn’t lose all of the cold air, and each time someone opened it and ran through the kitchen again.  By the time I was off the phone dinner was ready and I called the kids to the table without finding out exactly what they were doing.

The next morning, though, they were at it again.  When I asked they said that they were running an obstacle course, and timing each other.  I quickly understood that the obstacle course included running up the front stairs, through the playroom filled with all of Jason’s mission paraphernalia, and down the back stairs.  I figured I should figure out exactly what they were doing and and maybe take some pictures.

Much to my surprise the living room sofas were also… involved in the obstacle course. 

Here you can see what happened next.

And that, my friends, was the end of the obstacle course!

3 comments:

  1. Really, THAT looked like the beginnings of a broken arm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad they didn't include having to walk over the lego minefield in their bare feet:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing as abstowe! But, I figured your post would have turned out quite differently had she really gotten hurt, so I let myself laugh. :) That fall WAS pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete