Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Thoughts on Real Food

 

RealFoodNinaPlanck

I recently sort of finished reading the book “Real Food” by Nina Planck.  Like “In Defense of Food,” it made me want to do a better job of getting more veggies into our diets.  Here are some other things I decided because of reading this:

Try sautéing in 1/2 butter, 1/2 olive oil. 

Maybe take some fish oil pills.  (Between the $$ factor and the fact that I don’t like fish that much and don’t trust fish that much either, I think I should just take some good fish oil!  And keep praying that I start craving canned sardines, which apparently are totally nutritious.)

Buy some coconut oil and keep eating butter.  Experiment with other oils (used cold); walnut, black currant, borage, evening primrose, pine nut.  Think about eating chicken skin.  Figure out a way to cook it so that I can think about eating it.

Keep using unrefined sea salt and eat more dark chocolate!

 

So there you have it, in a nutshell.  Eat some fat!

4 comments:

  1. So I think you could make these changes without the desire to love sardines. I don't care how good they are for you. I like the other suggestions, perhaps I should check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try coconut oil as well (esp. because I was just reading yesterday that it's supposed to be AWESOME for people with CF)... I just keep forgetting to budget for and/or buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am confused: how did you 'sort of' finish the book...and why do you not trust fish?!

    ReplyDelete