Monday, April 18, 2011

FHE Charades

The other day I saw a website called “Peeps of Mormon” and I laughed so hard.  And decided that our next FHE activity must be peeps charades.  So tonight, after our spiritual lesson about the importance of the atonement, we made charades for our activity.  I’d kept it a secret and the kids were very excited to finally find out what we were doing. 

peeps

I introduced our activity with a charade of my own.  I’ll give you a hint: It’s from the Book of Mormon. 

April 2011 436 Josh just mostly ate his peeps, but everyone else had a great time making their charades. 

April 2011 437 (Ken was visiting for dinner & FHE because his family is in Utah.)

Here are some of the others we had.

April 2011 429 April 2011 430

 April 2011 432 April 2011 435

 April 2011 440 April 2011 448

April 2011 450 April 2011 438

 

Can you figure them all out?  Page down a little bit and I’ll tell you the answers…

 

 

 

 

 

 

My first one was Nephi cutting off Laban’s head.  The ones in the group are:

  1. Daniel in the Lion’s den  (Rachel)
  2. Ammon cuts off the arms of the wicked Lamanites  (Jenna)
  3. Moroni & the title of liberty  (Ken)
  4. Nephi & Sam build a boat  (sorry the picture didn’t show their little peeps hammers better!)  (Jared)
  5. Animals gathering 2 by 2 to get on the ark  (Russ)
  6. Baby Jesus  (Ken)
  7. Coriantumr and Shiz fight at the end of Ether  (Josh)
  8. A Jaradite barge (complete with some peeps and a white rock!)  (me)

5 comments:

  1. Yours is my favorite, though they're all great! So are you anti- or pro- (eating of) peeps? I LOVE them but it seems like most grown-ups hate them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! And, nice to have enthusiastic (sp?)participants! Peeps to eat...ugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2. Shouldn't it be Ammon cuts off the EARS of the Lamanites??? LOL!
    6. I thought that was somebody dead in a coffin! I was so confused!
    8. Tight like unto a DISH!

    You're such a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever! I think I'm going to suggest that for an FHE activity :D

    ReplyDelete