Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Snazzie Jammies

(I actually hesitated to blog about this.  My new PJs aren’t interesting enough for anyone to want to read, after all.  But then I remembered…this blog is for me and for my family.  It’s a record of us, and my pjs are certainly a part of who I am.  So…if this isn’t interesting enough, feel free to skip it.  I’m sure that one day when my kids read this post they’ll smile while they talk about how much I loved my pajamas, and how much time I spent in them!)

I used to wear whatever I had to bed, usually old tshirts and sweats.  Then one day someone was telling me about herself.  She said, “I have cute pajamas, because I spend so much time in them.”

That comment really spoke to me.  I also spent a lot time in my pajamas!  I decided that I wanted them to be cute too.  And now they are.  Cute microfleece and flannel pajamas for the cold of winter, cute cotton capri pajamas (and the occasional nightgown) for the summer, and cute knit pj sets for inbetween.  They make me happy every night, and when I end up staying in them for a while in the morning oh well, they’re cute and I love them. 

Recently I noticed that my inbetween knit pajama pants had shrunk.  Both pairs were seriously high water, so I decided that it was time for something new.

There was just one problem.

As much as I love my cute pjs, I am also really cheap frugal.  When I went looking for new pajamas (which are now often sold as separates, each piece costing more than the set would have a couple of years ago) everything was way too much money.  I decided that I was just going to have to make do with the highwater pajamas for the time being.

In a last ditch attempt to find something both cute and affordable I headed over to the clearance rack.  Much to my surprise they had a bunch of fun knit pj pants on clearance for $4!  I was a little worried that because they were the teeny-bopper brand they wouldn’t fit, but when I tried on a couple of sizes I found that as long as I sized up to a large I could wear them.  And for $4, I am willing to wear a large!

So the happy end of my (probably not very interesting) pajama story is that I now have two new pairs of pajama bottoms, and they only cost $4 and are totally and completely snazzy. 

April 2011 064 I was very entertained by the clothing line name on the size tags: “pajama party”!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! -- and I love the price! =)

    We got new PJ's from our 12 Days of Christmas, and it has been so fun to have new pajamas. =) I used to be more of a long night-shirt kind of a girl, but since I am usually running kids to school before my shower, I've loved not having to change clothes twice (and having jammies I don't mind being seen in is pretty nice, too). =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh! We can wear our teeny-bopper pajama bottoms together - my mom sent mine to me for Christmas 2 years ago and they say "Will Flirt for Gifts"

    I smile every time I put them on. :)

    ReplyDelete