Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Can’t Tell You How Happy This Headline Made Me

How’s this for a headline: Bad Girls Are So 2008: Hollywood Embraces the Goody Two Shoes Brigade.  (Oh my, that almost went terribly wrong there.  I almost linked you to a page of April Fools treats!  Good thing I caught it before I had you totally confused!)

The accompanying article made my day as it detailed how out of favor (financially and emotionally) all of the “bad-girl” stars are, then listed the new female stars and detailed their good behavior.  (Now I know “good behavior” is a relative term, but after Lindsay Lohan we’re happy to any improvement!)

It even described how Miley Cyrus, who has been working in the last year or two to get rid of her good girl image, has toned down her behavior as her popularity scores have decreased. 

 

All I can say is whew, it’s about time. 

 

Now if Abercrombie & Fitch will stop trying to sell sexy clothes to little girls  I’ll have nothing left to wish for.  Besides world peace and a permanent beach vacation, that is…

 

If you’re interested in reading more about the pressures in our society pushing our little girls to grow up too quickly, I thought this blog post made some excellent points.

 

As for me & my house, we’re going to continue to let kids be kids…

1 comment: