Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cheating

Book club is this Thurday night.  (hooray!)

By Thursday night I am supposed to have read 250 pages in this book:


I have been reading it for several months now, but I am still only on page 170.  (Though I must say that 1 page in this book is like 5 pages in many other books.  These are dense pages!)

The truth of the matter is that I have not been entirely faithful to Rough Stone Rolling...because I'm so addicted to Mt. Everest now!  Yes, it's the truth.  I cannot stop reading books and watching dvds about Mt. Everest. 

We've watched:


I watched the first one with Russ, because I was worried that it would be too intense for the little kids.  (And it was intense.  At least until we read that they blizzard scenes were filmed at the parking lot of a ski resort in Utah.  Then it wasn't quite as intense!) 

I watched the discovery channel series with the little kids, and we loved it.  Every time we had laundry that needed to be folded we were excited to be able to watch another episode.  We knew the climbers names and challenges and we were rooting for them all along the way.  And at the end of every episode I asked the question, "What kind of people climb Mt. Everest?" and they gave the mandatory answer.  "Stupid people."

I've also read:

What can I say?  I'm hooked on Everest!

2 comments:

  1. You need to go listen to this song:
    http://sampayne.com/audio/SAM_PAYNE-Everest.m3u

    It's by Sam Payne, my Dad's favorite former student (other than me, of course) who is brilliant.

    It's a song about the blind hiker who climbed Everest. Fantastic. As it all his other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't got through Rough Stone Rolling, either.

    ReplyDelete