Friday, March 26, 2010

Baby it's COLD in Utah!

Yesterday morning I left bright and early (though never early enough!) for Utah.  I stopped for a quick bowl of soup first in Idaho Falls at my dear friend's Susan's house.  Sadly I forgot to take a picture with Sue, but I did get this picture of her lovely neighborhood

And of the house at the end of the street (still in her neighborhood).

Yes, the homeowner's association is suing the owners to change their paint color.  This picture really doesn't do it justice--the yellow is so bright it seems to glow...

Oh, I also wanted to point out to everyone who thinks that the roads in NC are crazy, that there are crazy roads in IF as well.

(By the way--5th west got a new name a few blocks later...)

On the way down to Utah I noticed new snow in the mountains.   Hey, people, I thought it was spring!!


In Utah I had a fabulous afternoon.  I've been taking a class for the last 3 years.  (It's a conference call class using Skype.)  I already knew the teacher (my amazing cousin Peggy) and Janet, who used to live in Durham. (They both live in Utah now) Another woman, Kate, has been in my class all 3 years.  We have been so close because of this class, and yet never met each other!  Yesterday we were both in Utah, and so the four of us spent the afternoon together.  We had a great time talking and laughing and thinking about how strange it was that we were finally "meeting."  I neglected to take a picture while we were all together, but did get one later.  Kate had to leave but Peggy and I got to go see Janet's daughter (also named Kate) play Maria in her Jr High's performance of "The Sound of Music."  It was an incredible performance, and Kate was brilliant.  Here's a picture of us afterwards.


Today I've been at Peggy's house and we've had fun hanging out together and talking.  And watching the blizzard.  Seriously, this morning it was like a blizzard, with bb sized pellets of snow.  Unbelievable!


 Now it's time to go meet my sisters for our annual Girls' Night Out.

(Have I mentioned that I have the most fabulous husband in the world for making this happen every year?!?)

2 comments:

  1. lol. So can i just tell you I asked Jer to call you to ask if you were going to Utah anytime soon because we have found the rest of the baby clothes for Sam's little girl. Guess I just missed you ;)
    So glad you are having a great time and I am not jealous at all that I am missing the weather. I need spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... we decided to take our daily walk this afternoon. We left and it wasn't to bad, grey and windy but we were fine bundled up. Lo and behold, the second half of our walk was through DRIVING SNOW.

    Miserable........

    ReplyDelete