Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Did You Feel That???

 
Tonight as I drove home from church I heard an amazing fact on NPR.  Did you know that Saturday's earthquake in Chile actually moved the earth off of it's axis???

It's true.  NASA scientists reported that the earthquake shifted the earth off of it's axis almost 3 inches, which will shorten our days by about 1.26 microseconds.

Darn.  I wish it had moved in the other direction...


PS--The quake in Chile was the 5th strongest earthquake ever recorded.  Interestingly enough, the strongest earthquake ever recorded was also in Chile!

PPS--thank you Cindy Lynn for letting me know about my spelling mistake...It's obvious who is the speller in this family!
 

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be funny if that's what the scriptures meant about the Lord shortening {or was it "hastening"?}the time for the righteous' sake? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except it's spelled Chile.... not like the soup. ;)

    ReplyDelete