Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Battle for Middle-Earth


I know you will all be relieved to hear that once again the battle for middle-earth is over and once again Frodo and the Fellowship emerged victorious.

We started watching after lunch on Tuesday and finished late Wednesday afternoon.

We were joined by Ann and her boys and at the very end by my brother Jeremy and his wife Maria. Here is our movie-watching fellowship.

Once again it was a wonderful experience. This year we let the little kids watch the movies with us, with the understanding that when we told them to cover their eyes they'd better do it quick (I still cover my eyes at parts of it!) They were very cooperative, and thankfully no one had any bad dreams afterwards.

I blogged last year about my favorite things about the Lord of the Rings, so I won't repeat that here. (Except to say that I really love Aragorn!) Suffice it to say that I loved it all again--what a fun holiday tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for holiday traditions! I'm so glad to hear that the younger kids were able to be included this year and that there were no bad dreams. =)

    ReplyDelete