Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Un-Grinching Mom

My children have either taken pity on me or gotten tired of waiting for me. Either way, it's working for me.

Yesterday while I was at physical therapy (where I learned that if you don't do your exercises, your pain will come back) Rachel called to ask if they could put the garlands/lights on the porch railings in front. I of course said yes.

This morning they cleaned all of the surfaces that they could, and started putting out Christmas decorations.



Hallelujah indeed!

5 comments:

  1. Way helpful! Dan used to be my Christmas helper... I miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one clean counter! I love how you foster independence in you kids- I need to do more of that- it would make all of our lives easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool are you to let your kids decorate by themselves. I may hate Christmas decorating, but I'm way too anal to let someone else do it. I think I need a psychiatrist:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy--I'll bet you do!

    Katie--I like that. I'm "fostering independence." That sounds much better than the other way I was phrasing it. ;)

    Amy--don't you want to foster independence??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like your kids did a great job! Hannah has done much of our Christmas decorating this year. I would have stayed more grinchy if Bryan hadn't pulled out the boxes from storage one night and said 'let's just get it done'. =) I was all for leaving them in storage; our house is just so small and cluttery as is without adding more items to it!!

    It wasn't until the tree was up and my whatnot was 'dressed' that I started feeling glad for Christmas decor. I didn't think it could happen this year. =)

    ReplyDelete