Saturday, March 9, 2013

Filtering

 

“I wanted to thank you,” she said.  “Last night I noticed that you hesitated when I asked you that question, and then you answered.  I appreciate that you would share that with us.”

“I enjoyed the evening so much,” she continued.  It’s been a long time since I’ve felt able to express my feelings about things without worrying that I might say something that would offend someone.”

 

There is something about being able to speak without stopping first to filter your comments.  Her comment caused me to reflect on how many wonderful conversations I’ve been a part of over the last fifteen years.  We’ve talked openly and honestly about so many things.  We haven’t always agreed, but we have mostly been able to be agreeable

How lucky are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment