Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Using what you’ve got…

I was looking for the girls this afternoon and heard something from the garage.  When I went and looked out the laundry room door there was Rachel, singing Christmas songs at the top of her lungs with her ears plugged.  When I finally got her attention and asked her what she was doing, she said that she & Jenna were playing hide & seek.  I looked up and sure enough, there was Jenna perched up on one of the stacks of boxes…hopefully they didn’t break anything!

DSC_2852

We’ve reached a kind of equilibrium in the house…most things have a place that they belong now, but it’s been so stressful getting to this point that I’m kind of afraid to bring anything else in.  We’ve lived without all of this stuff with so long that part of me thinks that it can just stay out there…but the garage is completely unusable this way, and eventually we will want our books and tools and fabric and at least some of the other stuff…what a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment