Friday, September 14, 2012

Welcome to Oregon

I think I got a speeding ticket yesterday.

“How’s that?” you ask.  “Don’t you know if you get a speeding ticket?”

Not if you’re driving around Portland, 75% lost in a 100% unfamiliar place that is 150% confusing, and you pass one of those signs that tells you how fast you’re going, and right as you pass it it flashes in your face, and then you notice that it’s attached to Police Van.

I’m going to assume that means a speeding ticket, but I don’t know for sure.  (Yet.)

 

The irony of the situation is that I was taking a detour from our main activity of the day to go by a homeschool store and pick up math books so that I didn’t have to pay for shipping.

The moral of the story may be that maybe shipping isn’t that expensive…

3 comments:

  1. But... if they didn't pull you doesn't that mean you didn't get one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time we were driving to Eric's parents', late at night and he squeaked through a yellow/turning red light- I saw a definite flash and thought for sure we'd get a ticket in the mail, but we never did...so there's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been over a year since my last ticket. I seem to drive slower and safer when my points get so high that they threaten to take away my license. I still speed, I just don't get caught.

    ReplyDelete